Here is for more about Portugal
- is one of the world’s most globalizedand peacefulnations.
- Half of the "New World" once belonged to Portugal
-is the westernmost country of mainland Europe.
- recorded the biggest wave surfed in the world
- has the oldest book shop in the world.
- has the longest bridge in Europe
- has the largest artificial underwater park in the world.
- has the biggest production of wine with sand-grown grapes.
- Fado was classified as world cultural heritage by UNESCO
- was the first country in the world to fully decriminalize the usage of all drugs in 2001
- was thelongest-lived empire of the modern European colonial empires, spanning almost 600years
- is one of the oldest countries in Europe with its borders pretty much unchanged since 1297.
- was named 'Best Country to Visit' by the Spanish edition of Condé Nast Traveler magazine and was also selected as
the 'Best Value Destination' by Rough Guides in 2014.
- is one of the warmest European countries: the average temperature in the south of
mainland Portugal is 18 °C and 20°C in Madeira and Azores
- has 15 World heritage properties and one World heritage natural park (in Madeira)
- has NO nuclear power station and 70% of the national production of energy came from renewable sources
- makes the best cork in the world and in 2018, Portuguese cork will be present in the spacecraft used by the European Space Agency in its mission to mars.
- has ATM (multibanco) with one of the most advanced system in the world.
- Benfica is the world's most supported football club according to the Guinness Book of World Record
- The Portuguese Water Dog is a hypoallergenic dog breed and was chosen to become the "First Dog" in part because Malia Obama's allergies.